How to Have Fun in College
*Note: This is not a subject on which I am an expert. Also, my idea of fun is probably very different from most 19 year olds. So feel free to take all of this with a grain of salt.*
1. After finishing production of the newspaper at 2:05 a.m. (the earliest we’ve done this semester!), watching weirdo youtube videos in the office for 45 minutes. Like this one!
I’ve never watched the music video for the original version of this song, but this is fantastic. I love the line “No shirt no shoes and I still get service.” Sesame Street for the win!
2. Making cakes for two people’s birthdays tonight. I’m planning on strawberry shortcake for one and chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter cups in them for the other. YUM.
3. Going to two birthday parties in one night. Oh boy.
4. Going to Eastern Market and the D.C. National Kite Festival tomorrow morning.
I’ve never been to the kite festival, but kites are super cool and I’m excited. Eastern Market is one of my favorite places in D.C. There’s an awesome farmers market and all kind of cool crafts people (including a woman who makes purses out of old books!)
5. Going for a 5-mile run on the Capitol Crescent Trail when the cherry blossoms are out.
And even better, the water fountains have been turned back on! No more thirsty running for this girl!
6. Procrastinate finishing your 5 page English paper (which is due on Monday) for as long as possible.
What’s your idea of a fun weekend? Got any awesome plans?