Happy New Year!
I hope that you all had a fantabulous night last night and are excited to start a new year. I know that I am! Some things I’m looking forward to this year:
1. I’M RUNNING A MARATHON IN MARCH! Oh my gosh, sometimes it’s still hard for me to believe I can actually type that out on a page and have it be true! It’s incredible, and I’m incredibly excited!
2. Studying abroad this summer. More details on that when I actually get into a program, but I’ve applied to a couple and I can’t wait to hear back. I love to travel and I’ve never been to the area of the world that I want to study, so it’s super exciting.
3. Being part of the blog world. Every time I get an email saying someone has commented on one of my posts, I get a happy fluttery feeling. I’ve always been kind of skeptical of social media and the internet and technology in general, but I’ve been reading running and baking blogs for a while and I can see what a great way it is to record your progress and meet people and learn from them. Hopefully when I’m older and have run 10 marathons (or more!) I can look back at this and remember what it was like to train for my first.
Of course, I also have a loooong list of new years resolutions I am aiming to uphold. Some of them are pretty easily achievable if I just stick to it, some not so much. But here they are:
RUNNING AND FITNESS RESOLUTIONS (Yes, there’s categories!)
1. Lift weights or go to strengthening classes once a week
2. Do a tempo or speed training workout once a week (these are part of my training plan but I don’t do them nearly as often as I ought to!)
3. Do at least one run with a friend every week
4. Go to yoga twice a week
5. Enjoy my marathon! It’s a privilege to have this chance to run it, so make every moment count!
SCHOOL AND EXTRACURRICULAR RESOLUTIONS
1. Do all of the reading for my classes when it’s actually due. Yes it’s hard to fit in, but its easier to do 50 pages of reading once a week than 500 pages of reading in one clump before the midterm!
2. Don’t show my stress in the newspaper office. I can best handle crises if I’m calm and collected, not freaking out!
3. Get elected to a certain position on the paper this April.
LIFE IN GENERAL/GOOD FOR MY SOUL RESOLUTIONS
1. Go to Eastern Market at least 4 times before the school year is over.
2. Read at least one book for fun every two months.
3. No social media (blogs, facebook, etc) until after I’ve eaten breakfast. Read the newspaper!
4. Make my own coffee. I don’t need to spend $2 for it at the campus coffee shop when I can make it so much more cheaply at home!
5. Do something fun or adventurous off campus every other weekend. Go to a movie or a museum. Go karaokeing (how do you spell that?). Get out of the college bubble!
Some of these are things I already do for the most part but I want to make sure I continue doing. I probably do go to eastern market 4 times in 4 months already, and I usually can find at least one friend per week who’ll run with me. And I almost always go to yoga twice a week already. Some of them are going to be really hard, like weight lifting and getting off campus more often. Hopefully they’ll all happen! I’ll try and look over this post once a week or so to remind myself what I’ve pledged to do.
Have a happy new year!